Friday, July 3, 2009

Thought he was getting better

Corb threw up again last night, if that wasn't scary enough this morning the PCW came running to me, there's blood in Corbie's diaper. While inspecting the bloody diaper Corb went pee (all over the bed) so I was actually able see it, it was bright red and there were also some blood clots. SCARED, hysterically crying and panic overwhelmed me. I rushed him to the ER again (4th time) they look a urine sample (full of blood), the doctor said it looked probable that there's an infection. Not a big fan of the probable part. So he gave Corb a shot of antibiotics and some to take at home and sent us on our way with the diagnosis of a UTI.

We are to go to Corb's peds doc on Monday to get another urine sample.

I want it to only be a UTI but I'm just so worried it isn't that and it's something really bad.

When I say red I really mean red and the clot scare me so bad. UGH!!!

Caradie and Corbin

3 comments:

nanci said...

I don't remember if you said they put a catheter in him last time they checked his urine?? That could cause some trama and the blood and clots. But I don't know if this procedure was done to Corbie. An infection can cause the bleeding, and if he has been "brewing" this for a while it is possible. Keep us posted!!

Anonymous said...

Caradie I hope it is just a UTI you must have been so worried. Give Corbie a big hug from Ashleigh and I.

Liz

Anonymous said...

Caradie,
I'm so sorry to hear this. You must be sick with worry. I will say a prayer for Corbin, you as well as the rest of the family. Good luck sweetheart. Love ya.
Mary