Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Teacher time

Corbie has an Early Head Start teacher that comes to the house 1x a week for 1 & 1/2 hours.

Today they played with shaving cream & as you will see he thought it was pretty darn funny.

Corb has been doing very well sitting cross-legged, this video is only a short clip of what he did today. He sat for 10-15 mins with VERY little correction. All I have to do is move his arm back to help him prop himself, but other then that he just sat there while Heather & I did paper work.

He amazes me everyday. I love you little buddy!!

Side note..... I'm totally done trying to teach him to chew, he has choked twice, both times he vomited & scared the heck out of me. My heart just can't deal with that. So we will just work on different kinds of foods but nothen he needs to chew first, well at least nothen he could choke on.

Caradie & Corbin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can get a "safety feeder" at target in the infant isle (like 2 for 5 dollars) that is a mesh bag with a handle so you can place a "chewable" food in it and he can practice chewing safely without the risk of something breaking off. I use them all the time (I am a speech pathologist).

Amy said...

Yahoo Caradie and Corbin. I love the sitting so much, and I totally adore his laughter. Corbie is so AWESOME!!! I think he looks great, and I am proud and inspired.

Anonymous said...

Hey Caradie
I use the mesh feeder bag with Madelyn too. It works great. And best of all NO CHOKING.
Rhonda
www.caringbridge.org/visit/madelyngurganus