Friday, January 15, 2010

A "feeling"

OK some of you may remember a few years back, I would get this, "feeling" that Corb changed.

It happened again. Something clicked!!!! As before, I have no idea how to explain it but something is different! Corb's ST started something with him where he would smile for yes, I knew that one lol but she had him close his lips for no and well he does it VERY well. It's just amazing how much one word would open up life. I never thought of it, honestly I'm in awe!!! I had no idea he could learn something like that. He has a lot of control of his mouth/tongue but his lips? it's so far out there for me that he can do it at all let alone purposefully, I got video of it but sadly I still have no computer. My mother got the brothers a new computer for Christmas (Thank You Grammy) but the memory can't hold how big the Kodak program and videos and pictures are lol but at least I can use theirs to update LOL

Although until now, I couldn't type, the incisions are right where you rest your arms on the desk. It's almost been 3 weeks and some things still hurt so badly. The pain was incredible. Everyone kept telling me oh your fine in a couple days, LIE!!! lol yes it may be true though for the common person but not for a mom of a special needs child. Even with Bill and the brothers helping, I just didn't get to rest, let alone elevate and ice, just didn't happen. Oh yeah and they want you to keep them dry and wrapped, ha funny. I wash my hands a million and a half times a day. The first three days I couldn't do ANYTHING, I tried then cried lol (really! not funny though lol it sucked) but it was just impossible and OMG it's so much more work having to tell others how to do every little thing that needs to be done, let alone a 12 yr old and 14 yr old and hubby, three guys ha ha ha men/boys are so difficult lol. Now there's only a few things that I just can't do yet but mostly I have figured out what hurts to much and then I just use both hands lol To top it all off, I was crouched down talking to Corb a few days ago and Jak was trying to run by with something in his mouth (it's always something he shouldn't have LOL) when I went to grab his collar I missed and I didn't want to land on my hand so I kinda just feel onto my arm and it pull my shoulder apart, again! (when I was 19ish I fell off my un-trained horse lol landing on my arm, pulling apart my shoulder) Yeah I'm falling apart all over lol carrying my little cow is really fun when you can't use either hand very well and you can't lift your left arm up lol ok rambling now lol I have so much I would love to share but I just don't have the time lately. It's crazy how many different appointments 5 people can have in one month lol I don't wanna be a secretary lol or a therapist, or a nurse, or a teacher, or a personal care worker, or a chauffeur or etc. I just wanna be his momma!!!

Anyway rambling again lol pics and videos coming by next month :-D

Caradie and Corbin

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Yikes! Sorry about your hands and soo excited about Corbin's response! That is soo amazing! Have you been getting the remodeling done in you bathroom? I just read the post about the funding, so great! Take care of yourself! (and rest those arms!)

Dawn